Marriage Record Request
Where To Apply:
- In person in the Moultrie County Clerk's Office
- Download Application and mail into the County Clerk's Office
- Fill out the request online with a small fee by using Official Records Online- ORO
Where to Mail Application
Moultrie County Clerk
10 S. Main, Suite 6
Sullivan, IL 61951
$15 for the first copy, $6 for each additional copy of the same record when purchased at the same time - Cash or Check only (in person).
Monday - Friday
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Who is entitled to certified copy?
- Anyone is allowed to request a certified copy of a Marriage License (with Social Security Number blacked out).
- Only bride and groom may obtain a certified copy of the Marriage Application.
Photo ID required for Birth or Death Vital Records (and, at the discretion of the County Clerk's Office, for some Marriage Records). If you do not have a photo ID then a copy of your Social Security card.
Please Note: Due to a Courthouse fire on November 25, 1864, most records were destroyed; therefore, records from 1843 to 1877 are sporadic.
Indexed from 1940’s forward; random filings from October 1863-1877, with limited information recorded. Licenses with detailed information began December 1877.