Only discharges that were filed by the veteran in Moultrie County are available in the County Clerk's office. If the discharge was not filed in the County Clerk's office, please contact the Veteran's Affairs Administration.
There is no fee
Monday - Friday
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Who is entitled to certified copy?
The DD-214 may not be viewed by the public; the certificate of discharge/release shall be accessible only to:
- The person named in the document
- The person’s dependents (a dependent is a child under the age of 18 or a physically/mentally declared child/adult that would qualify for veteran benefits).
- The County veterans’ service officer or representatives of the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
- Any person with written authorization from the named person or the named person’s dependents. Unless a spouse, brother, sister, cousin, etc. has written authorization from the named person on the document, no certified copy will be issued.
- Funeral home that is obtaining a copy to accompany the Death Certificates.
Photo ID will be required
Military Discharges cannot be faxed or emailed