Vote by Mail

State law allows anyone to vote by mail without excuse.

Dates for voting by mail for the March 19, 2024  General Primary Election.

  • Dec 20, 2023- First day to request an Vote by Mail Ballot.
  • Feb 8, 2024- The first day to mail an official ballot to a registered voter within the United States.
  • Mar 14, 2024 - The last day that ballots may be mailed out is 5 days prior to the election. This is also the last day that we may receive an application by mail from anyone who has requested a ballot by mail.
Your ballot can be returned to our office by Mail, Hand Delivering to the County Clerk's Office or by Placing in the secured drop box located by security on the First Floor of the Courthouse.    Ballots must be in the correct envelopes and completed as directed in the directions provided with the ballot.

The return mailing address for ballots is:

Moultrie County Clerk
10 S. Main, Suite 6
Sullivan, IL 61951

PLEASE NOTE:  To be counted, a ballot must be postmarked on or before March 19, 2024 and arrive in our office by Tuesday, April 9, 2024.

Options For Voting By Mail 

PLEASE NOTE:  First Day we can mail ballots is on Feb 8, 2024.

DEADLINE for a VBM ballot to be sent is 4:00 pm on March 14, 2024.  

Vote by Mail Application  (Print and Mail) 

Permanent Vote by Mail Application  (Print and Mail)

Vote by Mail online application (Email) 

Call County Clerk’s office at 217.728.4389 to request a Vote by Mail application be mailed to you.

 ** REMINDER:  If you choose to be placed on the Permanent Vote by-Mail list, it is your responsibility to report any changes of information. **

Remove from Permanent Vote by Mail List (Print and Mail)

Military and Overseas Voting By Mail

If you are in the military or overseas the best way for you to request a vote by mail ballot is online through the Illinois Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment external link website.

Or fill out a FPCA form on the Federal Voting Assistance Program website which serves as a request for a vote by mail ballot. If you are in the military you can also ask your commanding officer for the form. If you are overseas you may request a FPCA form from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.